Just U It – A Guide to the U St Coridor
With Halloween and midterms in the rearview and finals still yet to come, you should have a little fun before gearing up for the long haul. Instead of sitting at home binging Stranger Things 2, save that for procrastinating on your last papers and use this time to explore DC. If you’ve never been, the U street corridor offers a little of everything – from great food to live music, nightlife and more. We’ve spent the time to find all the hidden, and not so hidden, gems and served them up for you below. So grab a half-smoked and enjoy one of DC’s most vibrant neighborhoods.
Om Nom Nom
Eating alone is no fun, grab a friend and get your grub on together.
Work Off All That Food
Don’t let the itis set in, work off that meal at some of the places below.
Put On Your Dancing Shoes:
SID Staff Picks
More On U St:
- Ben’s Chili Bowl: Eat like a Washingtonian. A DC Staple since 1958.
- El Centro*: Great food, happy hour deals, and a killer rooftop
Some Off U St:
- Fine Lines Graffiti Paint Jam: Live graffiti, street art, and mural art with 30 D.C.-based artists
- Murder is Her Hobby @ The Renwick: Detailed, dollhouse-sized dioramas of true crime scenes
* – Must be 21+ To Drink. Please Drink Responsibly.